Tuesday 13 May 2014

Tuesday extravaganza returns and another orchid photo

Hello all,

A few years ago I have started stitching my first HAED 'Christmas Candle' in conjunction with my sister's first HAED. We decided to call this (sort of) SAL: Summer Extravaganza. It was meant to be a competition of who gets to finish first. Then the life slightly got in a way and although we have both been stitching, neither of us updated on the progress in the official Tuesday post. For my sister's blog click HERE. I think she updating hers a day late (naughty, naughty ... though who am I to judge, judging by my frequently late posts).

So here goes my current week's progress

last update that you seen (Wipocalypse me thinks)...

13/05/2014

close up
You can see from the closeup that I have all the confetti to look forward to now.

And a terrible photo of my other blooming orchid:


my purple blooming orchid
Mind the colours are a lot deeper in real life. The pot is dark purple ... unless you shine the lamp on it, and the three flowers are also more purple (although also intense and bright). I'll try taking better photos.

Till soon (I still need to brag about my 'finishing' mode),



8 comments:

  1. Great progress! Hopefully you'll be able to finish this soon-ish. I know HAED designs take forever - which is why I'm scared of them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitch along is great way to motivate you both to complete such a large project! My sister got me into cross stitching several years ago and it's nice to share a hobby with family members:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colors ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on your stitching!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on your Haed project! They do take forever but look beautiful when finished... Enjoy & have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you are totally ahead of me.....(lots to catch up on!!) Sorry for my delayed post, doing it now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow more beautiful orchids. I love the colour of this one too! Have fun with the confetti on Christmas Candle. It will be worth it though so I hope you hang in there, she's looking great so far.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete