Friday 17 January 2014

Wipocalypse - post #1 and my new Etsy shop ...

Dear all,

Before I get into the whole Wipocalypse update I would like to mention my new Etsy shop opening:


Here you can find some of the handcrafted (including cross stitched) items that mum, my sister and I make and sell through craft fairs and display cases here in the North East of England. I thought it is time to expand to a new market.

The selling info on the few items you have seen me create last year (they are not the only items on Etsy): 


Makeup bag. £9.99. Coming soon to Etsy.

Makeup bag. £9.99. Sold.

Makeup bag. £9.99. Available on Etsy.

Makeup bag. £9.99. Available on Etsy.

Biscornu. £5.00. Available on Etsy.

Biscornu. £5.00. Available on Etsy.

Biscornu. £8.00. Available on Etsy.

Biscornu. £8.00. Sold.

Hope you check my new shop out, and let me know what you think of it. There are also some handmade little angels, teaspoon ladies, and birds that I haven't shared the photos of here that my mum made. I am also working on adding more and more items. 


Onto Wipocalypse ...

If you want to join in this SAL in 2014 click on:



This month I am meant to introduce myself, my projects, and any goals that I have for this year.

I think I might skip the intro and refer you back to the last years post:


it was for the blog party and is still pretty accurate. Although I am now a member of 2 reading groups, rather than one, participated in another 2 exhibitions, graduated from Newcastle University, and now opened an Etsy shop (as can be seen from the start of the post).

Speaking of which if you would like to know more about it (although unfortunately the deadline for sign up has passed this year) click on:



Projects/Goals

Ongoing:

1) Good Heavens by Margaret Sherry [Goal: Complete]

This used to be a UFO till recently, so I am very proud for working on it in December.

December 2013

2) Christmas Candle - HAED [Goal: Complete another 5 3 pages]
So far 0/5 3 (goal) and 3/36 (total)

I decided to keep the same goal that I did not manage to meet last year. Lets hope I will be better this year.
December 2013

January 2014

January 2014 - closeup
3) Yiota's Xstitch: Field of Poppies [Goal: Complete]
Based on Van Gogh's painting

December 2013

January 2014
4) 'Picture of elegance'. [Goal: Complete]
Sara Moon from The World of Cross Stitching issue 181. This is my mum's birthday present from almost a year ago ... oh dear I am very late.

December 2013
5) Literate Dragon - HAED [Goal: complete the full SAL]
So far 0/4. 

December 2013

UFOs:

6) Xmas Chums [Goal: Complete by next Christmas ... as if]
I have begun it as a present for christmas 2 3 4 summers ago ... managed to stitch the entire face before realising I have stitched it 10 squares lower than the centre. How silly! I then started unpicking and got up to:

June 2012
7)  'Tending the Flock' [Goal: Pick up and work on even if just a little]
from Cherished Teddies and Friends. A matching pillow hopefully to one in my earlier  prehistoric posts.

Before 2012

8) Making Lickle Wishes [Goal: turn to a WIP]
April 2012

9) Cabin Fever by Dimensions (Gold Collection) [Goal: turn into a WIP]

September 2012
10) John Clayton: Venice [Goal: complete]

December 2012

New Starts:

As part of the Stitch from Stash initiative I will be starting from my huge stash list and the first up is 'Lean on Me'. My january start. 

11) JR01 Lean on Me by Judy Rossouw (anchor) [Goal: complete]

January 2014
Obviously I will be starting some more wips including another HAED (after all I have a new frame - a Christmas gift). 


And some giveaways to check out:

  • Blogoversary Giveaway @ Sarah in Stitches:


Click here to enter.

  • A Chart Giveaway of your choice @ Stitchers Anon




Click here to enter.

Until soon,

 




5 comments:

  1. You're going to have a busy stitching year! Congrats on opening your Etsy store too. I love those makeup bags! And your biscornus look gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of lovely WIP's. And your bags are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your WIPs. Such cute Etsy items

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your WIPs. Will enjoy watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lija. Lovely goodies here! I believe you have signed up for the Grow Your Blog 2014 event. Please post asap otherwise your name will be removed from the list. Thanks so much and enjoy visiting the many other blogs participating. Lorraine (GYB volunteer team)

    ReplyDelete